Friday, May 13, 2011

Thing 7 continued

So, here is my report on Zamzar:  It did convert my MSWorks spreadsheet (.wks) file into an Excel format (.xls), BUT it is not really useable.  The words and numbers are there, but they are not appropriately separated.  Oh well, it was worth a try.  I still might try the conversion of the MSWorks word processor (.wps) files to Word (.doc) format.  I'll see if it is worth the effort, or if I should just rename the files and clean up what I get when they open.

2 comments:

  1. Does Microsoft Works let you export a spreadsheet file as a CSV file that you could then open in Excel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you can, but I was looking for an easier option than opening every file individually. At some point, I won't be able to access Works, so I had better get cracking.

    ReplyDelete