Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Final Reflection 2018-2019

Thanks, Polly for years of great inspiration and PD.  I learned so much from taking all of these Cool Tools classes. 

For the longest time, my greatest hurdle was having the technology to do the lessons. Now it is TIMETIME to plan the lessons and time to implement them.  Something always goes wrong during technology-dependent lessons and you need more TIME. Sometimes the kids just don't follow the directions (even when they are step-by-step demonstrated on the SMART board AND step-by-step on paper next to them) and I need TIME to figure out what they did wrong to get them back on the correct path.  Even the idea of showcasing their work takes extra TIME - to edit so they make corrections and to download the PDFs, upload them, and link to them on the website that I needed TIME to edit.

But thanks for motivating me to try even if I haven't really mastered which ideas are worth the TIME from an educational standpoint.

Happy Retirement!  We will miss your class.  I hope we can find someone else to continue to teach even if they can't fill your shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment